Third Party Events
We encourage businesses, communities, groups, neighbourhoods, families and friends to plan and run events whose proceeds will help us fight blindness by supporting our programs and services.
Here are some guidelines on how to get started:
1) Download and complete our Event Form and submit to Operation Eyesight prior to the planning of your event.
2) All events in support of Operation Eyesight must be approved in advance by Operation Eyesight. This is an important safeguard to preserve the integrity of the Operation Eyesight name and our commitment to raise the funds necessary to fulfill our mission in a cost-efficient and effective manner.
3) We will review your plan and do our best to contact you within approximately seven working days. We can provide guidance for your event, however, we do not have the personnel to handle the organizational and administrative tasks associated with third-party events. Therefore, you are responsible for all details of the event including: underwriting all of the related costs; recruiting volunteers to help out at the event; creating flyers to publicize the event; and working at the actual event.
Here are some fundraising ideas to get you started:
- Host a dinner party or chili cook-off
- Organize a dance or a bowling tournament
- Produce a musical concert or dance recital
- Hold a neighbourhood garage sale
Thank you in advance for your passion and commitment to give the poorest people the gift of sight.
If you have questions about organizing a Third Party Event in support of Operation Eyesight, call our Fund Development Department at 1-800-585-8265, ext. 1. or email us.